GSRTC at a glance:
- GSRTC has 125 depots, 16 divisions and a Central office / Central Workshop
- GSRTC has a fleet size of around 7469 buses
- GSRTC is operating 31 lakh kilometers daily with 45281 trips and catering daily 22 lakh passengers
- GSRTC is covering 98% of the villages and 99% population of Gujarat in addition to plying to important destinations outside the state
Rejuvenation of Fleet:
With the goal of providing “More Buses, Good Buses” to traveling public, GSRTC inducted 14743 new buses in the last eight years at the cost of Rs.2527.50 Cr with the help of Government loan. It has also introduced new types of services including sleeper coaches, AC coaches and high- end luxury coaches for long distances travel.
||Grant of GoG (Rs in Cr)
||% of Over Aged Buses*
|*Overage Bus = Completed 8 Lakh Kilometers ** yet to be Purchased
Improvement in Efficiency Parameters:
- Load Factor has been increased from 66.22% in 2016-17 to 68.68 in 2017-18
- Vehicle Utilization increased from 448 kms in 2016-17 to 453 kms in 2017-18
- Diesel K.M.P.L. is decreased from 5.42 in 2016-17 to 5.27 in 2017-18
- GSRTC achieved highest K.M.P.L. of Diesel in the country and getting national award for the highest achievement of K.M.P.L. consecutively since last five years
- Rate of Breakdown per 10000 kms decreased from 0.05 in 2016-17 to 0.04 in 2017-18
- Rate of Accidents per 1 lakh kms increased from 0.05 in 2016-17 to 0.06 in 2017-18
Passenger Friendly Measures:
- Monthly/Quarterly pass scheme at the rate of 50% fare for daily commuters
- Free traveling for village girl students
- Free traveling age limit for children has been increased from 3 years to 5 years
- Free luggage carrying capacity has been increased from 15 kg. to 25 kg per passenger
- Introduced E-ticketing
- Introduced POS Machines at all Depots Reservation Counters for Passengers
- First in country to introduce GPS / PIS based Bus Tracking & Passenger Information System for Monitoring in GSRTC buses.
- 14000 Electronic Ticketing Machines have been introduced in all 7467 Schedules.
- GSRTC have launched its own website www.gsrtc.in. Online time table for express services has been uploaded on website and also through SMS Internet based online passenger reservation system for passengers as well as E-Ticketing for Public.
- Internet based online passenger reservation system for passengers as well as E-Ticketing for Public.
- CCTV Camera based surveillance Vigilance system has installed in all 125 Depots.
- Integrated Depot Management System has implemented in all 125 Depots.
- Central Stores and all Divisional Stores have been computerized. Inventory Management System has been implemented successfully.
- Public Entertainment System.
- BSNL VP No BB Connectivity.
- Computerized Pass Issue System has been introduced for Daily & Student passes.
- Laboratory testing analysis at Central Store has been computerized.
- Pay Bill and Provident Fund System of all employees has been computerized.
- Statistical analysis has been carried out through computerized system.
- E tendering process has been established.
- Implementing “Automatic driver testing system” for driving skill test.
- Recruiting “Online Recruitment for staff” for all categories.
- Implemented Video Conference System between Central Office and All 16 Division Office
Plan for the year 2017-18:
The State Government had provided Rs.800 Cr under plan ceiling for strengthening GSRTC in the year 2018-19.This includes a huge amount of Rs.660 Cr as equity and Rs.140 Cr. as loan
- For purchase of new buses Government has provided Rs.410 Cr to GSRTC from which GSRTC will induct 1600 new buse
- For the construction of bus stations Government has provided Rs.100 Cr.
- For the upgradation and modernization of workshops Government has provided Rs.1.5 Cr
- For the implementation of Information Technology in various areas of GSRTC, the Government has provided Rs.28.50 Cr
- The State Government has provided a loan of Rs.140 Cr. for the restructuring of debt and to meet with other development expenditure
- To clear old outstanding loans Government of Gujarat will provide Equity contribution of Rs. 120 Cr. in the year 2018-19