Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) is a passenger transport organisation providing bus services both within Gujarat and neighbouring states.
GSRTC came into existence on 1st May, 1960 on formation of Gujarat. From a modest begining of 7 divisions, 76 depots and 7 divisional workshops and a fleet of 1,767 buses it has gone to,
- 16 Divisions
- 125 Depots
- 226 bus stations
- 1,554 pick up stands
- 8,703 buses
This remarkable growth is an outcome of unflagging effort of more than 39,795 workforce, dynamic management and sustained support from the state govt. It has built up formidable technical facilities.
E-Governance: / Existing Systems:
- Three level maintenance and repair facility - 125 depot workshops, 16 divisional workshops and a central workshop.
- 7 tyre retreading plant.
- Bus body building plant (1000 bus bodies / year).
- Printing press.
- First in country to introduce GPS / PIS based Bus Tracking & Passenger Information System for Monitoring in GSRTC buses.
- 14000 Electronic Ticketing Machines have been introduced in all 7467 Schedules.
- GSRTC have launched its own website www.gsrtc.in. Online time table for express services has been uploaded on website and also through SMS Internet based online passenger reservation system for passengers as well as E-Ticketing for Public.
- Internet based online passenger reservation system for passengers as well as E-Ticketing for Public.
- CCTV Camera based surveillance Vigilance system has installed in all 125 Depots.
- Integrated Depot Management System has implemented in all 125 Depots.
- Central Stores and all Divisional Stores have been computerized. Inventory Management System has been implemented successfully.
- Public Entertainment System.
- BSNL VPNoBB Connectivity.
- Computerized Pass Issue System has been introduced for Daily & Student passes.
- Laboratory testing analysis at Central Store has been computerized.
- Pay Bill and Provident Fund System of all employees has been computerized.
- Statistical analysis has been carried out through computerized system.
- E tendering process has been established.
- Implementing “Automatic driver testing system” for driving skill test.
- Recruiting “Online Recruitment for staff” for all categories.
- Implemented Video Conference System between Central Office and All 16 Division Office
- Online ETM Machine GSM / GPRS Module Ready will be introduced.